Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Funday! - Day 13

I'm back.

I love Sundays!  Church , relaxation , business conference call , then Midnight Meditation with Shanel Cooper Sykes. (Check her out and join in on the meditation!  She is a phenomenal woman, with a lot to say)  to clear my mind and start my week .
I won't bore you with all updates from the days I missed.  But I will say that I everything is coming together inch by inch.  There is a lot of balance required, a lot of sacrifice and plenty of faith needed to complete this journey.


The mini victories--   I have been sticking to my 11pm curfew during the week!   Eating much better!  Went grocery shopping last Wednesday and haven't spent money eating out = extra money to save.    
Victories that are yet to arise --  Rising early to get my workout in,  saving the money that I've saved (does that make sense?), 2 new names a day, 5 new trials a day, beauty days, game planning to really get  started to pay off my debt.....I'm gonna stop this list is out weighing my other list.   Which means the balance is off!

Champions make come backs though!


I’ve been reading a fascinating book by Steve Siebold titled 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class. He says,

CHAMPIONS ARE COMEBACK ARTISTS

Donald Trump was $9 billion dollars in debt in the early 1990s, did you really believe he was washed up for good? After Lance Armstrong survived cancer, did anyone really think he wouldn’t race again? How about Christopher Reeve? Did anyone really bet against him making an international impact to help people with spinal cord injuries, once he made the decision to do it? There’s an old saying among the world class: “A bet against a champion is a bad bet.” I couldn’t agree more. Amateurs quickly become demoralized by setbacks and defeat, and quietly slink back to their comfort zones. Professional performers know that large scale success is based on a series of comebacks. They believe that setbacks are set-ups for comebacks.
Do it! Do it! Do it!  ... I have no choice but to do it.   These blog updates(which I promise will start to come everyday) are the fun part . But Doing it is the only part that counts for something.


Romans 8:18 (Amplified Bible)   NITE! 




1 comment:

  1. WOW! I love that championships blurb. You're such a positive person, Jo. I might just steal that exerpt and put it on my blog. I'm proud of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete