Here's how the last 3 days have passed me by:
Day 1 - Tues July 26th
No early morning workout . (My plan was to rise early in the mornings and get my workout in at 7am)
One new trial for work . (I have a serious case of being easily distracted my surfing the web)
No new names for my business ( Ugh!)
Hit Wet Willies with a friend for her birthday ( Only had one superman)
Stuffed my face with Smoked Chicken Nachos and Buffalo Wings
Went to Banana Boat to continue the festivities @11pm
2 more drinks-Ladies Night drinks were free (rum and coke, then a corona)
& lets not forget the Birthday Cake Shot that was on the house ! ( I asked for the recipe, I swear it tasted exactly like Chocolate Cake)
Had to take friend home and go to drive even further to take a cousin home. (Arrived in my bed at 2:30am)
Day 2 - Wednesday July 27th
Slept in till about noon! ( Ugh! cheap liquor and late nights do not mix)
Got up showered and went straight into my office to start work (I work from home)
Hit my New Trial Goal ! 5 NEW! (very proud of myself. I was soo determined not to make this a waste of a day 1:30pm-5pm)
Birthday Dinner @ Cafe Centro with the girls( Today was the actual birthday , yesterday was Pre-Gaming)
Dinner : Beet Salad, Black Linguine, with calamari, shrimp, arugula in a spicy tomato sauce (Lets not even count the calories, just know it was worth every last one =)
2 Glasses of Wine
Dessert : Gourmet Raspberry Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Left dinner around 10pm
Went to visit a few more friends around 11pm .. chilled to about 1am
Back home for the late night munchie session , in bed around 2am (AGAIN!)
Day 3 - Thursday July 28th
Woke up late again . 11am (No work out)
Attended a Hispanic Journalist Social ( for work, in an effort to socialize and get new trials)
My team scheduled a Opportunity Meeting today before close of business for the month ( I didn't attend, I had no guests invited because I have been goofing off all week)
Took a nap
Deep conditioned my hair
Now I'm writing this blog
Needless to say I am Extremely dissapointed with myself : -( There should be no excuse for the horrible way I managed by time these past few days. Little Voice in Head : "But it was your best friend's birthday, you don't do this all the time. Don't beat yourself up about it." Yeah but I also don't ask God to help me to change my life in 90 days all the time either. That little voice is the easy way out , excuses usually are, but let me remind you that excuses have a shelf life of about 24 hours. And when I woke up this morning afternoon , there was no excuse in sight to comfort me. The ever wise group of people who refer to themselves as 'They' told me that Its not suppose to be easy, its suppose to be worth it. And they are so right , once again.
One of the leaders in my business also one of my awesome mentors who I will refer to as Poppa Jack had a conversation with me about the differences between us. Poppa Jack can sit in his recliner all day and still get paid out about a quarter Million each year. Yet he doesn't sit around all day, he's still a very hard worker, still has goals to reach , that's why I admire him. Granted this guy is a high school dropout , yet still figured out a way to create extraordinary wealth for himself and his beautiful family. Plenty of differences (as you can see) but he refuses to believe that his wealth , education level, and/or age is the major different between him and I. "I'm human, I get down on myself just like you do and I have not so good moments just like you. However the difference between you and I is how long I choose to stay down." Wowwwww! He continues " I don't let myself sulk for days , not even a hour for that matter. I find the problem and I fix it immediately. Done."
I love him! Here's what I need to fix :
- Late nights -- I promise to myself and everyone else I am in my bed no later than 11pm every single weekday. I might allow myself one weekend night to run a muck. But that is it.
- Working out -- trickles down from the late nights. If I am in bed early I will be able to rise easily to get my workout in. My workouts are appointments that I can and will not miss #affirm
- Drinking during the week. Just Say No.
- Not having my food for the day planned out. Changing my eating habits for life is a decision. Decide - means to kill all other options
- Journaling or blogging this journey every single day. Even if I can't write whole stories. At the very least, I promise to update with a brief overview of what I did for the day.
- Oh and no web surfing during work. I will give myself 5 minute web breaks when I hit goals.
87 more days to go and I am already learning monumental lessons on this journey. Commitment ,Commitment ,Commitment - to make the decision before you have to make the decision. #Thinkaboutit!
Good Night. Its 9 minutes past my bed time.
YOU
ReplyDeleteCAN
DO
IT!!!
:)
Woooo-whhhhhhho, Jo! Where are your daily posts? Missing them. <3
ReplyDelete