Monday, February 20, 2012

I do wanna Grow Up !

Contrary to the popular Toys R Us song , I do wanna grow up! Being a kid forever just isn't in the cards for me.

Grown ups have way more fun .. we can eat ice cream before dinner.  Stay out really really late without getting in trouble,  and most of all we can curse like a sailor when we're angry!  

If you're anything like me, I know you  just LOVE all the Responsibilities associated with adulthood. Bills, relationships, etc ...  No need to list them all.  However I believe the utmost important responsibilty that comes with adult hood,  is Keeping It Real.  Not some of the time, not when its easiest (because its your best friend and she can handle anything you say to her),  not when you just want to be mean.... but all the damn time!!

This phrase is thrown around quite a bit and has led the masses to believe that this is an easy task. It is NOT! And only the strong can do this gracefully and make it look easy. When you take on this responsibility as an adult , you separate yourself from others. Almost like putting yourself on a  K.I.R  pedastal. LOL!

There is a distinct feeling that arises when you keep it real-- a sense of calmness & humbleness, mixed with a bit of pride.   Humble yet proud???  I know it sounds contradictory but they just go together when you are true to yourself and your feelings while politely and maturely keeping it real with others.  

I cannot and will not say that I have always kept it real with myself and others but from this day forth that is my goal. When I want to be a kid and run from the situation, the conversation or the problem... I will have to remember that I am  Grown Up!  Just keep it real and everything will work out for your good.  

2 comments:

  1. As always, I enjoy reading your entries! Great post, Jojo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K.I.R pedestal lol... "And only the strong can do this gracefully and make it look easy." <-- Well said and I couldn't agree more.. Love this post! proud of you

    ReplyDelete